Saturday, June 27, 2009

This is what consumes my time

In one word-Jackson. It's a good thing he is so cute and adorable and gives some good hugs all on his own. Here are just a few things he's been up to lately:

  • Getting out of bed every morning, despite my earnest efforts at telling him "Jackson, you are not allowed to get out of bed. When you wake up, say "Mommy, come get me!""- and my consistency in putting him back in the bed when he does not do as I ask.
  • When he does as said above, he immediately goes into Taylor's room to wake her up so that she can come tell Mommy that he is not obeying AGAIN.
  • I am awakened at 4:30 AM to find him in the living room with the T.V on, 2 books in the chair with him and the spanking spoon.
  • Grabbing the syrup out of the pantry, opening the lid and drinking it.
  • Going into the garage, finding the remote garage door opener (which was on a shelf, between a plastic bin and the wall), opening the garage door and running down the driveway into the street. A strange lady sees him almost hit by a car, grabs him and brings him back into my house. Please do not call DHS on me. Please know that I am not a negligent mother. I am a committed Sunday School teacher at TSC and I passed my background check. I had just checked on him minutes prior to this. I was not eating bon bons and catching up on the latest status of J0n and Kat#e's marriage. I was just changing clothes. Needless to say we have done more child proofing at our house and installed an alarm system. I thank God every night that we made it through another day alive!! Seriously, I'm not kidding.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Who, Jackson? Sweet, cute little Jackson?

Just wondering...did you use that spanking spoon he had so handy in the wee hours of the morning?

Anonymous said...

I firmly believe that there is special place in heaven reserved for the mothers of boys!!
Just be glad there isn't two of him
~Celeste

Haley said...

Too funny! How nice of him to have the spanking spoon handy for you. You know, I made Anna Claire pick one out in Target one day that we promptly used in the car. She definitely needed it that day. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've used it since then. Maybe you should take him shopping to pick out his own "spanking spoon."

Shawn said...

Oh Robyn! Don't feel bad, a lady had to bring Ethan back to me once. He had run down the street in only a diaper after Shawn had left the garage door open. I was mortified!

~H

Unknown said...

I am sorry, I know none of that is funny to you, but it gave me a good laugh tonight. Hope you are all well.

Amber said...

I only think they call DHS if he's waving the spanking spoon as he's running down the street alone!

Alli said...

I'm with Amber--DHS isn't worried about him running into the street, just the spanking spoon part. Aren't boys fun? And here I am thinking I'm expecting another--whew! Thanks for sharing some stories that probably aren't (or weren't at the time) funny to you :)

Big Nanny said...

My favorite part of the list was him drinking the syrup...like Buddy in the movie Elf:)