This is our first real week of summer with everyone home. I am trying to plan lots of fun things for the kids to do. So far we have played dress-up and gone to the doctor, the vet, the dentist and played restaurant and hair salon. Today I broke out paint, which I never do at home. Then we played with shaving cream and our new sandbox. Yes, I'm attempting to let go of my many inhibitions!
8 years ago










3 comments:
Good for you! I have to say, I'm proud of you for stepping out. I don't know that I can do it. Did you go to a meeting with a 12-step process? If so, let me know what the group is called! ;) Anything remotely messy is off-limits at our house, because even chips or beans get messier than you can imagine!
But you know what? Your kids will remember those activities and the relaxed rules of summer, so I think it's great that you're stepping outside of the box :D
Some other activities that Jackson would enjoy are rice in a big bucket with spoons, cups, funnel, etc. and Play-dough. Also, Taylor would love the beads that you iron and they stick together in shapes. We recently got those for AC and she thinks they are the best thing ever....Good Luck! I know the kids will enjoy the great activities. Let me know if you need more ideas. I can pull out some of my lesson plans for you...that will give you some sense of control and them some sense of different! It could be fun! :)
Good for you, Robyn! The Sunday school guru in you is coming out at home! I love the picture of Taylor in the waitress outfit. :)
Post a Comment