Monday, February 9, 2009

Obedience

No, this is not a post about my kids and first time obedience. That would be nice, though. This is about me. For the past year or so God has been convicting me about learning to share my faith. There is a class offered at our church called Evangelism Explosion. In this class, you learn how to share your faith and lead people to Christ by memorizing parts of the Gospel each week, as well as going out door to door for some on-the-job training. I have been contemplating taking this class for a while, but like many others, this is way, way out of my comfort zone. After discovering that I knew a couple of other people who would be taking it this semester, I decided to sign up. Reluctantly. Very reluctantly. Up until last night, all I could say was that I was going to be obedient in what God was asking me to do even though I was not very happy about it. But God always has a way of showing me when I am doing the right thing. Since I went to the first class last night, I have been so excited! The thought of being equipped to lead someone to Christ is overwhelming to me. The peace that I have about taking EE, despite the obstacles that it presents, is wonderful! I love that about God! I love that no matter how unsure I may be about a decision, if it is in His will for me, I will always have peace.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

4 comments:

Erin said...

Robyn, I am so proud of you! It wasn't an easy step to take, but you did, and I can see God is already working in you!

Shawn said...

Way to go, Robyn!! What a testimony of obedience.

Sumer said...

That put a smile on my face...I have been thinking about you all day and wondering how it went last night. I am very proud of you for taking the plunge!

Alli said...

Robyn, I never took that class (and regret it now that I am in a different town and haven't found a church with a similar class). I'm so glad you were obedient in taking it, and I think God will do wonderful things in and through you!