Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kindergarten Preparedness and Lunch with Bear

Taylor got these new Melissa & Doug puzzles for Christmas. We give them a double thumbs up :) !! I can't believe I'm teaching her how to spell out words! I recently overheard a conversation a couple of women were having about recognizing and spelling sight words, etc. It made me a little nervous about Taylor starting kindergarten this fall. We've been working on these puzzles lately. Kindergarten- here she comes!!


Jackson has so much fun playing alone on Mondays and Wednesdays when Taylor is at school. No one to boss him around and distract him. I caught him the other day in Taylor's room cooking bear lunch in the kitchen, then feeding it to him at the table. Sippy cup included.




3 comments:

Erin said...

Go Taylor! What cute and handy little puzzles!

And did that bear come with those boots? They're too cute!

Robyn said...

Those are Jackson's ugg-like house shoes. He tries to put them on all the stuffed animals.

Alli said...

So cute! I'm glad Jackson gets some un-bossed creative play :) And I think Taylor will be great in K! She's very smart, and she's been in MDO. I might be more worried if she had to learn to navigate school politics on top of learning. She already knows how to listen to the teacher, share with others, how to deal when a class-mate doesn't play nicely, etc. And she's spelling too! She'll be ahead, no doubt!