Thursday, August 14, 2008

Overwhelmed

First of all, sorry to those of you who check here often. I have had very little to blog about in almost 2 weeks. I'm working on it. But today I'm going to be real. I have been feeling very overwhelmed and bogged down lately. For no real reason in particular other than everyday life. Cooking supper, cleaning the house, disciplining the kids, going to work, etc, etc. I really don't know what my problem has been except that I'm tired of having so much to do and so little time to do it. I'm also not one that wants to hear these things from other people most of the time. Everybody feels like this at one point or another, right? Just pick yourself up and move on! I have nothing to complain about. I love my husband. I love my kids. I like my job, as much as anyone does. God has blessed me in so many ways. But, I just can't get it together. Yesterday I decided enough was enough. I spent much of the afternoon in God's word, seeking His comfort. I read this. I listened to the song No Sweeter Name over and over. (I'm not blogger savvy enough yet to link you up to that song. Sorry.) Why do I try to handle things alone? He is always with me. He will always fight for me. I just have to be still and know that He is God. Anyway, I'm better now. I still can't manage to get every thing on my to-do list done. It's never-ending. I just run to my Bible every time I feel the day to day tasks of normal life begin to crowd out the Holy Spirit within me. I love this prayer that is at the bottom of the devotion I mentioned:
Dear Lord, help me fight the temptation to scheme and fret rather than resting in your sovereign provision. Help my impatient heart to trust your unfailing love. In Jesus' name, Amen.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Robyn, it's so beautiful to see your thought process through this and the peace that you found in the Only answer. It's a great reminder for us all. And think of how much you DO accomplish every day, not how much you don't!

Julie said...

I am so impressed that when you get worn down and frustrated that you turn to God's word. It is time like that, which occur everyday for me too, I turn to the couch or the frozen chocolate chips in my freezer. We try so hard to handle everything on our own, like this lot in life was given to us and it is our job to deal with it. I think you are doing good. And remember, we all feel this way. Not to make your frustrations less meaningful, but to know that others are there with you and understand your feelings. Hope your weekend is cheery!

Anonymous said...

Get your list ready. I am coming.
Love you, Mama

Sumer said...

I love posts that are real! Very inspirational...I could have written about that same oppressive feeling last week.

Anonymous said...

I take great comfort in your words, because I often feel the same way. After reflection and prayer I almost always come to the same conclusion as you - trying to do it in my own strength instead of turning everything all over to Him. Who knows why moms often do this? Thank you for such a wonderful reminder to turn to the Word for peace.