Friday, August 22, 2008

Dentist

Thursday was Taylor's third trip to the dentist. The first visit went great, the second not so good, but the third tops the cake. I took some advice from a friend and spoke scripture several times that morning and night. I said a special prayer over her before we went in the office. I thought we were doing good. Little did I know.

Anyways, moving on. We see Dr. Buzz. He's great! He has a few of these cool bugs driving around town. I'm sure you've seen them before. They have this really cool train that goes around a track and lots of fun toys in the waiting room.

One of which was an xbox 360. Taylor wanted to play it, but I have no idea how to work the thing. My husband would be embarrassed, I'm sure. Anyway, she found several books for us to read to keep occupied until they called her name. This one was her favorite of course.
So eventually they called her back. And they took us past all the other chairs to the very back to a room that was walled off with a big window and a door that shut. I wondered to myself why we were back there. Maybe she was getting x-rays?? Still, she was doing great. No apparent anxiety. Miss Jennifer, the hygienist, was very nice. She started telling Taylor what she was going to do. Then it started. She had a death grip around my neck. Miss Jennifer introduced her to Alli the alligator.
She counted Alli's teeth, then brushed them, etc, etc. She took great care not leave any steps out. Then it was Taylor's turn. She cried, but managed to make it through the cleaning of the top teeth fairly well. From that point forward, I had to hold her down, sitting on her part of the time. All the while she is SCREAMING and KICKING!! Sometimes kicking me! Dr. Buzz came in and was so sweet to her. He quickly did a check, again while she was being forced down by myself and Miss Jennifer. Finally we were done. She sat in my lap for a moment then took her bag with a new toothbrush, floss, timer and such. She proceeded to retrieve her sticker and prize from the drawer. I didn't have the heart to tell her she couldn't have the prize. I had had enough drama, not to mention the rest of the office and probably the suite next to us. She did give Miss Jennifer a hug and told her she was sorry she cried so much. As we left the office, Taylor was getting in the car and commented to me "Mommy we had lots of fun at Dr. Buzz's". ???? Huh????? We'll start praying now for better behavior next time.

4 comments:

Sumer said...

Oh no! I am sorry it did not go well, I know the feeling. At least you have six months to prepare yourself for the next trip.

Erin said...

Oh, Robyn, I'm so sorry! I hope someday these kids will appreciate all our effort when they have beautiful teeth!

Sumer said...

I LOVE the new look! It is very different and super sassy.

Shawn said...

Love the new look, Robyn!