Tuesday, July 1, 2008

First Sleepovers

Enough said for moms out there, but I'll expand. Our babysitter has been out of town and we needed somewhere for our kids to go today. Our good friend Annie offered to keep them. Taylor was fine with that because she LOVES Tristen. They have always been good little friends, and played well together. They started scheming a sleepover from the start of the day. Annie said that Taylor commented all day "My mommy and daddy are at work, but I'm going to sleep here with Tristen tonight." Nice manners, huh? Annie called me towards the end of the day to let me know that Taylor wanted to spend the night and that was fine with them. They were going to have a fun day here tomorrow and she could come along for that as well. I have heard that's a pretty cool place. She's never spent the night with anyone before but Grammy and Grandaddy and Grandma and Grandpa. Y'all know what I was thinking. Can she handle this? Can I handle this? As of 9:10PM, everything was going great and no signs of sadness. On Taylor's part anyway. She is telling the Glenns that she's going to stay there all the time! We could still get a phone call at 2AM. Only time will tell. I'll let you know tomorrow!

0 comments: