This is my catch up post since I got a little behind over the summer. First, Taylor turned five! I still can't believe it. I remember every detail of this day..
...and we are already here....
It seemed just moments ago when she was crawling around on the floor with this sweet friend...
... and now they are in kindergarten. I am still amazed by how fast time flies.We had a super fun party at Sweet Dr3ams Cookie Company. She and her friends decorated chef hats and aprons and made their own batch of cookies to take home. And that cookie cake is TO DIE FOR! Never thought I would say that about a cookie cake.
Moving on to Taylor's first day of kindergarten....
She is holding her Angel of Learning - a "going to kindergarten" gift from Grammy and Grandaddy. I should preface all this by saying that it was one seriously stressful summer for me, worrying about all the details of starting school. I eventually handed these overwhelming emotions over to my Great Provider one last time. He, in turn, answered one of our biggest prayers with this sweet teacher..
We have had some concerns about her vision and at her 5 year check up, she could not read part of the chart. So during the first week of school, I took her to my optometrist to have her evaluated. It was no surprise to us that she needed glasses. This was almost as emotional for me as starting kindergarten. At some point I told her she got her eyes from mommy... later that day she told Dave that she didn't want to have "red cracks" in her eyes like mommy. (Interpretation=blood shot or if you want the technical term conjunctival injections) Nonetheless, she looks pretty cute...
Wednesday was Jackson's first day ever at Mother's Day Out. You can only imagine how I have been looking forward to this day! I did miss him, but I am so grateful to have the chance to get some projects done around my house. He was very excited to go to "school" just like Taylor. Even though we had gone last week to open house to meet his teacher, when I pulled in the church parking lot he said "No. Go to my school!" I'm not really sure where he thought "his school" was. Nonetheless, he was happy to be there once we got inside and even posed for a picture.

His had an "okay" first day. Sweet Mrs. J said he made a few angry faces at her and he didn't sleep at naptime (big surprise!)- even though he emphatically claims that he did. He had a really fun day and wanted to go back on Thursday. I pray that he will adjust in a few weeks. Both he and mommy need this!
Last of all, our anniversary was Tuesday. Dave thought the 8th was on Monday, so he had flowers and a card ready and made breakfast. Taylor came to tell me it was my "special day". I hated to tell them it wasn't until Tuesday. Oh, well. It's the thought that counts, right? Here is a pic of us 8 years ago..
Take note of the upper arms in the picture of me today and 8 years ago. Clearly I need to work on those in my free time.



5 comments:
I was really thinking when I saw the first picture, "Look at those guns!" Seriously!
Your arms look great! now and then...
Man, y'all really have had an eventful summer! God totally worked the school thing out, and once again you have a testimony of His provision.
Taylor looks adorable in her glasses!
I second Amber. Total guns in the first pic! What a sweet family with sweet stories of how God is working in your life!
Love the glasses on Taylor. So sweet. Just love your family!
~H
Post a Comment