I'll be honest. I was a little envious when I read my sweet friend's post about going to Africa. She has an amazing story and I am so happy for her and anxious to hear how God moves through her! I'm not really sure how to put this into words without rambling. And a big part of me hesitates to write this. Now other people will know how I feel, but maybe that accountability is what I need. I have felt God calling me to do more than just raising my two children, being a wife to my husband and serving in my church. Not that there is anything wrong with those things. They overwhelm me most days, so the thought of doing more is something I can't always grasp. As I began to read about Amazima and Katie, it broke my heart. This story is one that sticks in my mind. I cannot fathom how to live my life here, with all the wonderful things I have, yet struggle with how God wants me to help. I'm not sure what He wants me to do, but I'm willing to do whatever that is. In this book, Kay Warren talks about become gloriously ruined. About no longer being able to live your life with the focus on your world and your problems. I read this morning, "..to become ruined, you have to actually do something... anything that puts you in direct contact with hurting people. When suffering becomes personal - with faces and names - and when you hear their stories, you won't be able to remain disconnected. If something is stirring in your soul - one thing is for certain: God's will begins with surrender." I long to be ruined today.
8 years ago



6 comments:
It can't be a coincidence that so many of us in our circle of friends are feeling the very same way. God must be up to something.
Good word today, doctor.
~H
Thanks for being vulnerable, my friend. I feel like I could have written that post myself (except that I haven't read that book!) and like Heather, am excited to see what God is up to!
This is so exciting to me, most of the people I talk to these days are saying things that I think could have come out of my own mouth.
Excited to see where God is leading you, Robyn, and glad that we are all on this journey together!
I'm just now reading this. I'm glad you're on the way to being ruined:) I do think God is up to something big and I can't wait to see how it unfolds. That God has placed such a great group of women together to work in ministry at church but He obviously has something bigger in mind. I've wanted to read that book but Sumer says I can't until after Africa.
Ditto! I have felt this way for a long time now and will be praying that the Lord will direct all of our paths!
-Beth Crumley
Just happened to pop over when I saw your title from Big Nanny's. I knew what you were going to say! Maybe we need to start our own seriously disturbed, gloriously ruined group. It is so fun to see Christ bursting out of everyone! I love seeing Him at work in my friends! You have a great, big heart, and I love it.
Love,
Tracey
P.S. Almost done with that book...incredible!!!
Post a Comment