Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Georgia

We took a trip to Georgia last week to visit Dave's family and some of our old friends. Dave and I met in Northeast Atlanta when I was in pharmacy school. We lived there for a year after we got married, before moving back to Tennessee. Going back makes me a little nostalgic. We spent the week hanging out with family and friends, just relaxing, since this was our "vacation" for the year.We went to the Georgia Aquarium. Here's a pic of Taylor, Jackson and cousin Dimitri checking out the Beluga whales. Later that night, we enjoyed a tasty treat from here, our favorite ice cream place. Grandpa and Jackson reading a book.

Played some bowling on the Wii, and cards too with Bruce and Jane. Check out Jane's leg kicking up when she bowls. Laugh all you want. She bowls a strike almost every time, and she always wins!
Taylor riding with Dimitri in his go-cart. I had to go back in the house. Needless to say, she probably won't be riding this again.
Taylor holding a sparkler. This is amazing. This past 4th of July was the first time she would even watch fireworks(she calls them firecracks) outside the confines of our house. I can't believe she got that close to one.

Jackson had a good time too. Lots of cousins and little kids to play with. Too many days off his normal routine got to be a little much. He RARELY sleeps in the car, even on a 5 1/2 hour road trip. No doubt this is one of my favorite pictures. I heard someone say on the radio a few weeks ago that watching your kids sleep is one of the most moving experiences. I tend to agree.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like y'all had lots of fun! I love the Wii!